Saturday, January 24, 2009

UGH!!! SISTERS!!!!

Okay this post is dedicated to my OLDER sister(she is 43). She was complaining that
"How could you post about your bones fishing trophy and not tell them why and how you got it. I might just have to make a blog so I can tell everyone!"

So here is the scoop. I started playing funkeys in December 2007, then gave it up for a while. She found the Dream State funkeys in the store and bought me berger, back in October, and I started playing again. I didn't have all the trophys and gems for the original series 1 yet. With the addition of the Dream State, I started really getting into it. I was playing everyday, all day on the weekends and all of my family said how OBSESSED I was at this point. (Whatever, at least it gave me a cool name for all my logins ). Anyway, my sister tells me she will get me the Dream State pink hub for Christmas 2008 if she can have my series 1 hub. I said okay, but don't get mad at me when YOU get hooked. So after Christmas, she starts playing and guess what.....SHE GETS HOOKED.

We are a competitive family so her goal was to work on the games that I didn't have the trophys for. She thought she could beat me. ( yeah right ). Well at the time I was having a REALLY hard time with GLUB'S FISH BOWLING, and BONES FISHING (do you see the theme, I hate fish).

So her and I share a home office, so she would play and play, then I would see her playing so I would start. This went on for a while, then one day, to my surprise, IT happened.........She gets the FISH BOWLING (OMG)! So I HAD to go play and try to beat her. I even taped paper to my comp screen to try to line up the ball (now my mom thinks I AM WAY OBSESSED)

BTW, I am 34, share a house with my sister & her girlfriend, mom, and my 2 kids

Okay back to the point.......Finally 2 days later I get the trophy AND a higher score than her (SWEET). So I rub it in her face that she may have gotten the trophy first, but my score is higher (ha ha). She says "can't you let me have anything?"

So in the meantime, she goes on to play some of the other games, which I help her with, you know tips and tricks. Now I am left with one more trophy to get. But I am getting FRUSTRATED so I don't play so much. I go on the speak easy and read things, I start this blog, so on and so forth.

Well today, we are in the office, she is funkey-ing, and I am blogging. I have to leave to pick up my son from work AND she does it to me AGAIN (UGH!). While I was out, she gets the BONES FISHING trophy with a score of 31,000+. Well I wasn't going to let her bask in her glory for another 2 days, so I log on to Funkeys, plug in bones and start fishing. And bam, the first game I play, I score 32,276, so ha ha, she only had her moment for a 1/2 hour and my score was once again higher than hers.

Now she sees me post about my score and thinks she needs to be mentioned, because "if it wasn't for the pressure she caused me about getting the trophy first, then I probably NEVER would have gotten it." This is how it works with almost everything, I do the work, she thinks she needs the credit ( she is mom's FAVORITE ). I am sure after she reads this, I will have to create a login for her, show her how to follow this blog, then show her how to post a comment so she can leave some rambling comment on how only part of this is true. ( only the part about me doing almost everything and her wanting credit, but it sounded good)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! Are you guys going to do Xener though?? That would be a good competition.

Wags

obsessedfunkey said...

I already have the Xener trophy, SHE DON'T (giggles in corner of room)

obsessedfunkey said...

oh and thanks for reading it. ;)

frogboy 96/ vlurp111 said...

I read this whole thing and have to say WOW! Your a full-grown, 43 year old playing games all day and laughing at your sister for beating her. And your sister is kinda imatture for her age. I'm not insulting you or anyone but that is how it began and is now...WOW! Plus your collection is out of this world!

obsessedfunkey said...

okay, fisrt, MY SISTER IS 43 NOT ME, and yeah sometimes we both are immature, but who isnt at some point in thier lives? We have fun and thats all that matters.

Ps, I'm glad you like my collection.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I got mixed up with the age and yeah we all get immature at times! :D